Barwood Land identifies, secures and promotes land with the potential for added value through the planning process and implementation of infrastructure and mixed-use development. We combine a strategic, visionary hands on planning approach with commercial insights firmly focused on value, deliverability and location.
Barwood Land and LaSalle Investment Management joined forces in 2007 to set up a £30 million fund that seeks to produce well located and sustainable mixed use developments which:
- Locate new homes and jobs side by side
- Reduce car borne traffic
- Improve public transport facilities
- Enhance pedestrian and cycle routes and increase connectivity
- Ensure that the landscape can absorb the proposed development responsibly
- Integrate and bring benefits to the original settlement and draw on its particular spirit of place
- Provide a distinctive place where people want to work and live
The fund taking the form of a Limited Partnership (known as Barwood LaSalle Land Limited Partnership; BLLLP) runs for 10 years. LaSalle Investment Management is one of the world’s leading real estate investment managers. With nearly 700 employees in 16 countries worldwide, it manages $43.0 billion (as of Q4 2010) of private and public property equity investment.
The fund currently has 7 sites located in England and Wales; which together have the potential to deliver some 11,200 dwellings and circa 3.0m sq ft of commercial development.